Event: SHU Progress
SHU Progress provides support for applicants to Sheffield Hallam University whose personal circumstances might mean that there are barriers to going to university.
The scheme provides additional support in the year of application and throughout the application process, including your transition to becoming a university student.
As an applicant to Sheffield Hallam University, SHU Progress offers:
- A personal contact at the university who will be there to provide advice and answer your questions throughout the year
- Referrals to specialist teams within the university such as Careers and Employability, Funding, Wellbeing and Inclusive Support (dependent on your circumstances)
- Practical support throughout the year with key stages of the application process such as UCAS, Student Finance, Accommodation, Disabled Student Support and transition
- Exclusive and personal visits to the university, giving you the chance to meet current students and staff who can advise and support you
- Support with the costs of visiting the university for our events and open days for you and a supporter
- Support with making the best application to us, including access to workshops on preparing for interviews
- Exclusive access to the SHU Progress Members’ Area which provides updates of relevant additional financial or personal support, as well as more general support throughout the year
- A personalised contextual offer for eligible students , depending on the course you’ve applied for, your qualifications and your circumstances
You can view this leaflet for more information.
Information for teachers and advisors about SHU Progress can be found here
Information for students about SHU Progress can be found here
You can find more information about SHU Progress on their website.